1. If you want your hair done for free this weekend, the lovely and talented team from Jones & Payne are staffing a pop-up salon for Shu Uemura at BoxPark in Shoreditch until Sunday. You can choose from three hairstyles (and one for guys) and in a matter of twenty minutes, you’ll walk out looking brilliant. I got the ponytail above on my visit – judge for yourself how awesome I look here!
It’s not often you get your hair done for free and certainly not with products as high-end as Shu Uemura’s – and with this weekend set to be super-sunny, I can’t imagine much better than getting a quick updo en route to whatever social engagements you have planned.
Of course you can also buy Shu Uemura products at the pop-up (I recommend Touch of Gloss and Volume Maker) AND you can get eyelashes put on. They’re basically encouraging you to sit in a beer garden and look amazing. Appointments are booking up fast (although you can just walk by and see if they’ll fit you in) – call 0207 613 6553 to secure a spot.
2. Here’s a genuinely interesting article about why Bill Cosby wore all those crazy jumpers. Clue: it’s not just because it was the 80s.
3. And while we’re on the Collectors Weekly blog, did I already post this link about why the latest film version of The Great Gatsby gets flappers wrong, again?
4. Why everyone secretly wants hair like Hanson. Who says it’s a secret?
5. I didn’t see much Glastonbury coverage because I was bent over a toilet vomming all weekend. Thanks, food poisoning, you make the festival experience so much more authentic. Still, I did take the time to catch up king Nick Cave acting like a prize madman during their set. Remarkable stuff. Also, nice to know he favours a redhead.
It’s back! EMOJI PARTY CONFETTI
1. Did you see the Rick Owens SS14 show? Or perhaps, did you hear the Rick Owens SS14 show? Estonian Eurovision heavy metal rejects, Winny Puhh, were the surprise guests and jolly loud they were too. Thumbs up. Charlie Porter, obviously, reviews it best. [Picture: Business of Fashion]
2. This week I learned how to repair a split nail with a tea-bag. This is an essential life skill that you should all take five minutes to read up on.
3. Browns are clearing out their archives! And what archives they are. Up to 80% off classic pieces from the likes of McQueen, Christopher Kane and Balenciaga. Prices start at £50, so stay in tonight, watch Duck Dynasty on the History channel (YES) and use the money to buy nice clothes instead. More details here.
4. And speaking of sales, Antipodium has 70% off on the website for the next three days only. That’s right, the emoji collection is included. EMOJI THUMBS UP.
5. Did you see the Mr T fashion show I posted on Twitter earlier this week? [Via my adored Teenage]
6. Which woman should go on a British bank note next?
7. If you liked the Black Flag edition of The Art of Punk, you’ll love the newly-released Dead Kennedys one. Misfits next, please!
8. Send all? Oh I really like this Tumblr of emails sent to the whole office.
1) I am obsessed with Kris’s winter wallpapers. This one is currently gracing my screen and making me very happy. See them all and download ‘em here. [Picture: Kris, obv]
2) Pictures of hipsters taking pictures of food. [Picture: PhHTPoF]
3) Cool old billboards documented by Robert Landau. Bloody love you, Joni. [Picture: Creative Review]
4) Cooking with Joudan Dunn. Anyone tried her jerk yet?
5) Christmas with Chloe Sevigny. Or Drew Doege. #louisvuittonbindlestick
1) The Guardian did a lovely interview with Nicola Beauman, founder of Persephone Books. Harriet and I met her last night! We ate cocktail sausages and drank red wine and although the talk was brief, it was very nice. If you don’t know anything about Persephone Books, they would pretty much all make a smashing Christmas present. I love this guide which they put together to help you choose the perfect book for anyone. [Picture: Persephone Books]
2) Another interview – this time with Stevie Nicks’ stylist. And who wouldn’t want to read that? [Picture: FanPop]
3) It’s BBC 6Music’s fifth annual Wear Your Old Band T-Shirt to Work day. I’m not at work today, but I wore a Misfits shirt to the gym to do my bit. You can see a gallery of pictures here but obviously the highlight is this picture of Dr Buckles. [Picture: 6Music]
4) The new Vogue documentary looks interesting, huh? Airs in the US on 6 December and I’m sure it’ll be on the internet shortly after. Side note; YouTube adverts are possibly the thing that makes me most angry about the internet.
5) Ten hours of bacon pancakes. Ten!