1. Children’s pocket details from the eighties! It appealed to me, anyway…
2. The Guardian knows its target market well. This week they have been running the Top Cat competition with such cat-egories as most acrobatic cat, best look-a-like, best unusual talent (above) and many, many more. See all the slideshows and vote for a winner here.
3. There are few things better than meat and booze. In fact, I’d go as far as to say that they’re my two favourite things. My other favourite thing is art deco, as you know, so IMAGINE my joy at the three combining in one handy package. This week darling Harriet took me to the beautiful art deco restaurant, Balcon, to try their new Bubbles & Squeak offer – a charcuterie platter of French or British meats with fresh bread and a glass of champagne for £20. Amazing! They serve it all day, from breakfast (best breakfast evs) until post-theatre.
4. BBC4 did a great documentary about art nouveau this week, which is still on the iPlayer. Sex and Sensibility: The Allure of Art Nouveau Paris was full of incredible design and lots of houses which I’d quite like to own. [Pic via Panoramio]
5. What better way to work our brains through the budget than with a new digitally remastered rendition of 1933’s hit musical. The Gold Diggers’ Song?