1) Now that the future of our famous local – The Montague Arms – is in doubt, I’ve been reading a lot of old features about the place to get a better of its (illustrious) history. Thanks to Robbo for digging out this awesome NME interview from 1989 in which Nick Cave (*Cave klaxon*), Shane McGowan and Mark E. Smith are interviewed in the old place. Sadface.
2) Susie Bubble has an awesome preview of the new ASOS Revive collection, as well as a first look at the campaign video directed by Zaiba Jabbar. Her behind-the-scenes photos are awesome! Mmm 90s.
3) There’s nothing I enjoy more than a practical beauty article and this week I found not one, but two such things. How to fix broken makeup (YES) and how to get nail polish out of just about everything (YESx2). Handy stuff, worthy of a bookmark.
4) Markus Lupfer has made a kind of bananas Japanese pop-inspired video to promote his Autumn/Winter 2012 collection. The gals in the video are apparently a girl group called Huge Tiny Zoo, who I know nothing about because I am 108 years old. Find out more about the video and doy, watch it, here!
5) Photographer Derek Ridgers has an exhibition on at Society Club Soho at the moment, featuring classic portraits of musicians including Nick Cave (*Cave klaxon*), Iggy Pop and The Cramps. The Un/Seen collection of images is on display until the end of the May and prints are also up for sale starting at a bargain £95.