1) If you had any doubts about Scandinavia being the most picturesque place in the world, you should look at these pics of Trollwall in Trollveggen, Norway. The new visitor centre for this beast of a mountain is the work of Reiulf Ramstad Architects and does the almost-impossible thing of making a natural wonder look even more spectacular. See the whole collection of pictures here!
2) I’m of the belief that Adam Buxton can do no wrong and his latest video only makes me have further faith in my ideas. This piece of art combines all of your favourite traits from DIY music videos on YouTube, including a sexy lady-woman.
3) Really enjoyed Racked’s Eastpak vs Jansport feature. My first Jansport was a high point in my teenage life – and in case you had to ask, yes it was black. All the better for Tipp-Exing, right? [Picture: Clothes on Film]
4) Rookie rounded up the very best ‘special’ episodes of TV comedies – you know, those episodes that don’t end with the usual theme music and which tackle ~issues like drugs and booze. I would argue that they chose the wrong Fresh Prince though – the dad episode was definitely a toughie, but surely Carlton on Speed is more iconic? They also should have given more space to the Saved by the Bell where Jessie gets addicted to caffeine pills instead of just skimming through it in the intro, but I’ll let it go. I’m so excited, I’m so excited, I’m so, I’m so… scared. [If you can’t get enough of this kind of thing, Huffington Post did a similar roundup two years ago which has some other gems – including Dinosaurs on steroids.]
5) Bompas & Parr are opening a drive-thru under Selfridges. Food will be served by rollerskating waitresses called The Baconators. A piece of artwork called The Four Horsemen of the Oesophagus is decorating the walls. Do you really need to know anything else? Because I don’t. [But the Londonist has more if you need it.]