I’ve had a few emails over the last couple of days about it being Pyjama Week and while my preliminary research has only come up with a kids’ charity event, who am I argue to with PRs armed with fully-prepared releases about said week?
I love pyjamas, I love lounging and I love notions of grandeur about lazing around in silk loungewear drinking a martini and reading a book. If that’s not what Pyjama Week is about, so sue me.
[Jean Harlow in Dinner at Eight: Noir and Chick Flicks]
Clockwise from bottom left;
1) Equipment Avery Brushed-Silk Pajama Set, £470, Net-A-Porter – if you’re going to wear a shirt to bed, it may as well be an Equipment one.
2) Suburb Martini Glass, £11.09 for four, Alliance – because coordinating your cocktail glass with your pyjamas is exactly the kind of thing that I’d seriously worry about.
3) Kiki de Montparnasse Amour Kimono, £1,085, Net-A-Porter – who else but the queen of luxurious underthings for something lacy to froth around in?
4) The Perfect Hour: The Romance of F. Scott Fitzgerald by James West – next on my reading list. I love Zelda and Francis, of course, but this is all about his first love Ginevra King – who I have been fascinated with for a loooong old time.
5) Monogrammed Slippers, £275, Shipton & Heneage – as a faithful fan of all things monogrammed, these slippers obviously appeal to me. What I like best, though, is that they’re a heritage brand doing something quite traditional – but the initial is in that little love heart. Ahh.
6) Archipelago Private Reserve Stem Diffuser, £42, Selfridges – going to sleep with candles burning is an occupational hazard when you’re a booze hound with a penchant for burning expensive things, but I think I may have to put that dangerous habit on hold and invest in a diffuser instead. All the smell, none of the arson. This one smells of rosehips, freesia and patchouli aka a dream trio of scents.