This year’s Christmas gift suggestions are based around the varying facets of my personality – because I’m sure that everyone can find a bit of @furcoat inside them if they look hard enough.
In January I’m going back to Las Vegas for a fifth time. It’s for work, but what can I say? Any opportunity to gamble, drink margaritas in a swimming pool and take photos of neon signs and I find it hard to say no.
As well as making me a lucky (/irritating) beggar, I think my love of Vegas also says something about how much I love corny crap. I know plenty of people who go to Sin City more than I do for work and who hate it with a passion.
I, on the other hand, can’t get enough of it. The chemists with beer rooms in the back, the extremely efficient room service, the weddings in the street, the novelty oversized beverage containers… It’s my spiritual home.
1. Beaded Sequin Balcony Bra, £40, Topshop – everyone in Vegas should be wearing sparkly underthings, whether they’re on display or not.
2. Joey Glass Necklace, £28, Kurt Geiger – mmm holographic magic gems.
3. Acrylic Pom Pom Hat, $39, Marc by Marc Jacobs – does it even get cold enough for hats in Vegas?
4. Leather All Over Stud Gloves, £26, ASOS – Elvis gloves.
5. Noir Sunglasses, £225, Miu Miu – still really want these. God bless pink glitter.
7. Fishs Eddy Bar Recipe Glasses, £24, Liberty – love the 50s style illustrations on these – true old school Vegas, without the sticky carpets and nanny gamblers. And, obv, they feature cocktail recipes. So all good.
8. Pearl and Stone Cross Drop Earrings, £12.50, Miss Selfridge – sparkly AND gothic.
9. Elvis Holiday Ornament Set, $24.99, ShopElvis – all Elvis, all the time. Can you IMAGINE what I’ll be like in Memphis?
10. Gold Glitter Alphabet, £3, Paperchase – gold sparkly letters to make everything in life that bit more Vegassy.
11. Wing-Time Buffalo Wing Sauce, £5.75, Harvey Nichols – for a spicy taste of America at home. A spicy, spicy taste. I could eat wings for Christmas dinner, dunno about anyone else.
12. Markus Lupfer Sequinned Initial Brooch, £15, Net-A-Porter – love anything personalised and this comes in glitter format. Sure you could DIY this but who wouldn’t be happy to unwrap a Net-A-Porter box at Christmas, eh?
13. Charbonnel et Walker Sea Salt Caramel Truffles, £9.95, House of Fraser – pigging out is part and parcel of a trip Stateside and I could happily scarf this whole box of salty goo in one mouthful. Hmm.
14. Nail Rock Digital Jewel Print Nail Wraps, £6.70, ASOS – SPARKLES on your nails that would last the entire time you’re in the desert, no matter how many wings you eat, chips you juggle or how many plug holes of vom you have to unblock. No idea where that came from, never done that.
15. Rhinestone Tweezer & and Eyelash Curler Set, £3.90, Forever 21 – wanted these for ages. Hologram magic metal AND rhinestones. Doesn’t get much more high-end than that, does it?
[Liberal sugar mice, £2.99, Fudge Factory – lol etc]