This year’s Christmas gift suggestions are based around the varying facets of my personality – because I’m sure that everyone can find a bit of @furcoat inside them if they look hard enough.
Gifts for overgrown goths
1. Maison Close Villa Satine Black Bra, £41, MeMe – a far more tasteful way to do black satin.
2. The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole, all good bookshops – can’t be a goth without reading the original gothic geezer. #geezer
3. Fuckin’ Slayer shirt, $21.99, Slayer store – Christmas day outfit.
4. Pentagram Socks, £3.50, Topshop – I know, I know. And yes, I changed the colour to fit my theme.
5. Vancouver Flatforms, £45, ASOS – hologram platforms = party season New Rocks
6. Black clove fags, all good weirdo shops – to smoke out of the window on Christmas day.
7. Oversized Cross Charm Sleeper, £38, Maria Francesca Pepe – if I don’t get any MFP this Christmas I will sulk like the overgrown goth I am.
8. Black Hairslides, £4, COS – matte black hairgrips. So chic.
9. Black Tootbrush, £5, Paul Smith – do they sell black toothpaste?
10. Neroli Roll-On Perfume, £28, Diptyque – patchouli in a fancy bottle
11. Black Tweezers, £4, Topshop – nice to have things matching, innit?
12. Oxford Leather Address Book, £13.50, Heals – this is dead tasteful.
13. Salem Candle, $50, Modern Alchemy– because the scent is described as, ‘a ravenous bonfire’.
14. FML Notce Cards, $18, Terrapin Stationers – I’ve wanted these for ages, it just seems like it should be our time, you know? #FML
15. Manolo Globe, £39.99, Zara – it’s a black globe. A black globe!