Top to bottom
1. Gasius Hawaiian shirt, £55 at Goodhood - pizza, pineapples, Hawaii. All my favourite things on one shirt, from my favourite shop.
2. Hair: Fashion to Fantasy by Laurent Philippon, £24.95 at Thames & Hudson – even if you’re not into hair as much as I am, this is a fantastic and beautiful book that covers history and pop culture as much as barnets. HUGELY recommend it.
*TOKEN CHRISTMAS EXPENSIVE CANDLE*
3. Bella Freud 1970 candle, £38 at Space NK - the first time I realised the joy an overpriced candle could bring was at a Bella Freud for Biba show, which was held at the wonderful Freemason’s Hall and scented by Diptyque Baies Noir candles. That’s probs my all-time fave, but this one by Bella sounds like it might smell vaguely similar with black musk and patchouli. Yum.
*END OF TOKEN CHRISTMAS EXPENSIVE CANDLE*
4. Yves Saint Laurent Limited Edition Blush Palette, £29.50 at Debenhams - makeup is always a tricky one at Christmas, but I don’t imagine anyone would be unhappy with this. The YSL Christmas palettes are always things of beauty and really, super-pink suits everyone.
5. Clear Clutch Bag With Internal Glitter Purse, £30 at ASOS - Perspex clutch gets a sense of humour. Also means the world won’t see your tampons.
6. Eye Ring, £28 at Maria Francesca Pepe - it’s not Christmas without a MFP wishlist. I’d like one for each finger.
7. Maui Big Swell IPA, £3.50 at Beermerchants - I sort of can’t bear how expensive it is, but I still would be delighted to find a can of this in my stocking. That’s two Hawaiian things on my list. Number three is a flight back.
8. Glitter Bunny Ear Scrunchie, £4 at Topshop - at that price, you should get one in every colour. Best case for the revival of the scrunchie I’ve seen.
9. Cicely Courtneidge pocket mirror, £4, National Portrait Gallery - feel bad about yourself every time you look in the mirror by comparing yourself to the impossibly wonderful Cicely Courtneidge. Also available: Barbara Cartland, Gladys Cooper and Gabrielle Ray.
10. Bat Mobile Phone Cover, £9.99 at Zara - the one thing on this list that I will sulk forever about if I don’t get for Christmas.